Thursday 15 October 2015

Prepositions of Place: practice

1. Complete the sentences with in / at / on.

1. Don't sit _______ the grass. It's wet.
2. What have you got _______ your bag?
3. Look! There's a man _______ the roof. What's he doing?
4. There are a lot of fish _______ this river.
5. Our house is number 45 -the number is _______ the door.
6. Is the post office near here?     Yes, turn left _______ the traffic lights.
7. It's difficult to park _______ the city centre. It's better to take the bus.
8. My sister lives _______ Brussels.
9. There's a small park _______ the top of the hill.
10. I think I heard the doorbell. There's somebody _______ the door.
11. Munich is a large city _______ the south of Germany.
12. There are a few shops _______ the end of the street.
13. It's difficult to carry a lot of things _______ a bicycle.
14. I looked at the list of names. My name was _______ the bottom.
15. There is a mirror _______ the wall _______ the living room.


2. Complete the sentences with in / at / on.

1. Helen is studying law _______ university.
2. There was a big table _______ the middle of the room.
3. What is the longest river _______ the world?
4. Where there many people _______ the concert last night?
5. Will you be _______ home tomorrow afternoon?
6. Who is the man _______ this photograph? Do you know him?
7. Where are your children? Are they _______ school?
8. Gary is coming by train. I'm going to meet him _______ the train station.
9. Charlie is _______ hospital. He had an operation yesterday.
10. How many pages are there _______ this book?
11. Are you hungry after your journey?    No, I had something to eat _______ the train.
12. I'm sorry I'm late. My car broke down _______ the way here.
13. Is Tom here?      No, he's _______ his brother's.
14. Don't believe everything you see _______ the newspaper!
15. I walked to work, but I came home _______ the bus.











ANSWER KEY:
1)

1. on 2. in 3. on 4. in 5. on 6. at 7. in 8. in 9. at 10. at 11. in 12. at 13. on 14. at 15. on, in

2)

1. at 2. in 3. in 4. at 5. at 6. in 7. at 8. at 9. in 10. in 11. on 12. on 13. at 14. in 15. on. 

  



3 comments: