Wednesday 5 November 2014

A friend in need is a friend indeed


Below you have a video telling you what a good friend is like.



Do YOU agree with the ideas from the video?

The first sign in the video is that "you can count on them for the big stuff" that means you can count of them when you have problems and that relates with the saying "A friend in need is a friend indeed" that means that "that a friend who helps you when you really need help is a true friend". 

Bruno Mars has a song called "Count on me" expressing the same idea. 
Listen to it and complete the lyrics with the correct verb. You might need the verbs more than once.









Count on me, Bruno Mars

HELP               SEE                 SING                 FIND               NEED                        HAVE

If you ever 1.__________ yourself stuck in the middle of the sea
I'll sail the world to find you
If you ever find yourself lost in the dark and you can't 2.__________ 
I'll be the light to guide you.
Find out what we're made of
When we are called to 3.__________ our friends in need

You can count on me like one, two, three, I'll be there
And I know when I 4.__________ it
I can count on you like four, three, two, you'll be there
'Cause that's what friends are supposed to do,
oh yeah , oooooh oooooh , yeah yeah

If you're tossin` and you're turnin' and you just can't fall asleep
I'll 5.__________ a song beside you
And if you ever forget how much you really mean to me
Everyday I will remind you
oh oh oh
Find out what we're made of
When we are called to 6.__________ our friends in need.

You can count on me like one, two, three, I'll be there
And I know when I 7.__________ it
I can count on you like four, three, two, you'll be there
'Cause that's what friends are supposed to do
oh yeah , oooh oooh , yeah yeah

You'll always 8.__________ my shoulder when you cry
I'll never let go, never say goodbye

You know you can count on me like one, two, three, I'll be there
And I know when I 9.__________ it
I can count on you like four, three, two, and you'll be there
'Cause that's what friends are supposed to do
oh yeah
oooooh ooooooh
ooh yea yea

You'll always 10.__________ my shoulder when you cry
I'll never let go, Never say goodbye
You know you can count on me like one, two, three
I'll be there
And I know when I 11.__________ it
I can count on you like four, three, two
And you'll be there
Cause that's what friends are supposed to do
Oh yea
Ooohhh Ooohhh
Oohh
You can count on me 'cause I can count on you...







Now watch this video where you have the lyrics so you can check your answers.





No comments:

Post a Comment